Terms and Conditions
The following words and phrases in this policy shall bear the following definitions unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Academic Year” means our centre’s academic year which starts in mid-November and finishes end October of the following year.
- “Calendar Month” means one full month spanning the 1st day of a calendar month to the last day of that same month.
- “Elucidation”, “Centre”, “We” or “ELU” refers to any legal entity which runs tuition, enrichment programs, seminars, sessions or events under the “Elucidation”, “Elucidation Learning Centre” names or any of their variations thereof in Singapore.
B. Conditions of Registration & Enrolment
The enrolment of the student in any given class/course(s) is conditional upon:
- payment of a registration fee (if applicable),
- payment of a deposit (if applicable), for each given class/course. The deposit shall be used to pay for any outstanding amounts owed to ELUCIDATION, which shall include (but is not limited to) the course fees for the final month of the class/course that the student is registered for.
- purchase of prescribed books for the class/course (if applicable)
- advance payment of the monthly class/course fee(s) before the first day of each calendar month; and
- In the event that course fee(s) due for any Calendar Month remain(s) unpaid at the end of that Calendar Month, the Centre shall disallow the student from attending any class(es) from the following month.
C. The Centre’s designated holidays
Classes will not be held on the Centre’s scheduled holidays. No fees will be charged for lessons which fall on/during these designated holidays and no make-up classes will be scheduled:
- Chinese Lunar New Year holiday eve, the first and second day of the Chinese Lunar New Year and any other public holiday (in lieu of the Chinese Lunar New Year) that is gazetted by the Government of Singapore,
D. The Centre’s Semester Breaks:
The centre has 2 scheduled breaks per year:
- the first week of June school holidays after Semester 1 ends,
- the last week of December before the start of the new calendar year.
Lessons affected by these semester breaks may be replaced, at the centre’s discretion, by bringing forward and delivering the lessons ahead of time. Fees are charged as normal.
E. The Centre’s lessons
Other than the Centre’s designated holidays, the Centre conducts lessons throughout the rest of the year. This is to ensure that the syllabus is covered and students have ample time for revision.
F. Absenteeism and Makeup lessons
In the event that the student fails to attend a class in any of our courses, please notify the Centre of your child’s absence by completing the “Absent/ Replacement lesson form” and submitting the completed form to your child’s respective teacher or a school administrator.
Elucidation may, at its sole discretion, allow the student to make up for the missed lesson by attending another class, provided that the student or parent submits one of the following documents:
- a medical certificate, and/or
- a copy of the letter from the student’s school that shows the date of the (compulsory) activity, the timing of which clashes with the scheduled time of the student’s lesson at the centre.
For absences due to other reasons, please provide details either as early as possible or at least 2 weeks before the scheduled lesson, so that we can review and discuss with you and/or the student if and/or how replacement lesson(s) can be arranged.
In the event that it is not possible to arrange a make-up class, the student’s teacher will ensure that the student is aware of what was (is to be) taught during the lesson missed.
Note that there will be no fee refund or credit given for such scenarios. The course fees shall not be refunded or pro-rated, even if the student has a valid reason(s) for missing the lesson.
G. Extra lessons
Extra lessons may be scheduled from time to time, especially for students taking major examinations (e.g. PSLE or GCE O or A levels). These extra lessons are subject to the availability of the course’s teacher. Attendance of these extra lessons is optional for the students enrolled in the course.
If an enrolled student chooses to attend these extra lessons, the course fees for the will be pro-rated accordingly and charged.
H. Withdrawals & Refunds
A written notice of withdrawal must be given to the Centre at least one Calendar month before the student’s withdrawal from the registered course(s). The notice of withdrawal may be sent to the Centre via email to our official email address or by completing, in lieu of email and/or written notice, the “Student Withdrawal Form”.
The one Calendar month of notice is computed as being from the start of the next calendar month after the date on which the “Student Withdrawal Form” was submitted to the last day of that Calendar month.
Where applicable, the fee deposit previously collected shall be used to offset the course fees for the relevant notice period.
In the event that less than one Calendar Month notice is given, no part of the deposit will be refunded.
I. Personal Data Protection Policy
The parent consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/ her personal data as well as the personal data of the Student in accordance with the purposes specified in the Personal Data Protection Policy. A copy of the policy can be found on this site.
This document was last updated on 25th October 2020.